Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Blegroll!

Many of you may be familiar with the term, "blegging," which refers to the practice of putting a paypal donation button on one's blog. It's generally regarded as something like a busker putting out a bowl or leaving open his instrument case so that appreciative passers-by can leave tips.

I have avoided the practice. I write this blog with the intention of educating people and converting them to my opinions. I've already made my material public domain, with no effort to protect it in any way (see the sidebar piece labeled "Licensing and Attribution"). Blegging has always seemed a bit too much like self-promotion.

Anyway, my talents and skills are by God's grace, and for God's service. While I may be poor by US standards, I want for little if anything. On the other hand, my conscience has been nagging me for years about tithing. Certainly I am not able to help all the causes, missions, apostolates, and so forth that I think are deserving of money.

But I can encourage you to do so. Hence, the Blegroll, which shall be a series of links (using images if I can find them) for any worthy causes which come to my attention. Please give generously!

edit: If you know of anyone else who deserves our money, is a good steward, and will use it for God's work, let me know in the comments.

2 comments:

Jennifer @ Conversion Diary said...

I think this is a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer @ Conversion Diary said...

Arkanabar - just saw your comment on my post, and I wanted to highly, highly suggest that you include the Majella Society. They use the mass media to get out the pro-life message, airing pro-life ads during major shows like Oprah or The Tonight Show, including a number at the bottom that women in crisis pregnancies can call to find the help they need to have their babies. It's a WONDERFUL organization.